What Personal Information Does Sigmax Collect?
- Information You Give Us: We collect information you choose to provide us through the Site or through e-mail. For example, we obtain information when you complete a feedback form, complete purchasing and product registration forms, respond to a survey, enter a contest, or participate in a news group, bulletin board or chat room. This information may include, for example, your name, email address, postal address, phone number and company name. Purchase order forms may also request credit card or other billing information. You can choose not to provide us with certain personal and company information, but then you may not be able to fully take advantage of the features of our Site and we may not be able to provide you with requested information about our products and services.
- Automatic Collection of Information: Like many Web sites on the Internet, we automatically track certain information about you as you use our Site. This information may include, for example, your IP address, the URLs and Site pages you’ve visited, the number of times you visited each Site page, what downloads you made, how long you spent logged-on to particular sections of the Site and to the Site in general, and your browser type. In addition, we may employ the use of “cookies” in certain areas of our Site to allow us to provide information which is targeted to your interests and to make your online experience more convenient. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Most cookies we may use will be “session cookies,” meaning that they will be automatically deleted at the end of a Site visit. You are always free to decline any cookies we use if your browser permits.
When you provide information through the Site, the information is transmitted through the Internet and stored on servers owned and maintained by Sigmax or its designated service providers which Sigmax may from time to time engage to host and maintain the Site, facilitate processing or fulfillment of product and service orders made through use of the Site, or provide additional Site support or other services. You will be informed if any third party other than a Sigmax service provider is involved in collecting information from you through use of the Site. In such situations, you can elect not to share the information requested.
Who is Collecting Your Information?
We are not in the business of collecting user information for sale to others. We will share the personal or company identifying information we collect from you only with your consent or under the following circumstances:
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
- Service providers. We may use other companies and individuals to perform supporting functions for the various products and services offered through our Site on our behalf. These service providers will not be permitted to use the information collected from you for any purpose other than performing the support functions for Sigmax.
- Sigmax affiliates and partners. We work closely with our worldwide affiliates with whom we may share user information. In addition, we may share user information with Sigmax partners.
- Asset transfers. We continue to develop our business and in doing so might choose to buy other businesses or assets. User information is generally one of the transferred assets acquired in such purchases. Also, if we should choose to sell some or all of our assets, user information, including the information collected from you through this Site, could be included in the transferred assets.
In all other circumstances, if we disclose any user information to a third party it will be in the form of aggregated statistical data that doesn't identify any user individually. This non-identifying information may include, for example, the purchasing patterns, trends, preferences and other collective characteristics of our users and serves to help us, our affiliates and others evaluate and tailor our communications, advertisements, products, services and general business practices.
Control of Your Information
We may from time to time provide chat sessions and rooms, forums, message boards and/or bulletin boards for users to receive information about products and various topics. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas may be viewed by other users of the Site. If you post on any of these areas, please use care not to disclose any personal or company identifying information. We are not responsible or liable for the uses that others may make of the information you post on any of these areas.
Bulletin Boards and Chat Rooms
We use technology designed to protect user information and transmissions made through our Site. The personal or company identifying information that you provide us is stored on servers, which are located in secured facilities with restricted access, and protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure the security of such information. In addition, all Sigmax personnel who have access to such information are trained in the maintenance and security of such information, and we limit access of such information by our employees to the information reasonably required in order to provide prompt, high quality service. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our Site and you engage in such transmissions at your own risk. Once we receive a transmission from you, we will attempt to ensure its security on our systems.
Our Site is a general audience Web site and no portion of the Site is directed to children under the age of 13. We do not collect personal identifying information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
Effective Date: November, 2012